The situation is dire at CNN.
Scandals are erupting everywhere.
And CNN could be torn apart if this new multi-million dollar lawsuit moves forward.
After a former colleague at another network came forward with an allegation of sexual misconduct, CNN recently fired anchor Chris Cuomo.
But Cuomo just threatened to sue CNN for the remaining $18 million on his contract.
The New York Post reports:
Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday.
Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter.
His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.
By firing back at CNN, Cuomo is opening up both sides to discovery.
This could provide answers to questions about what CNN President Jeff Zucker knew about Chris Cuomo helping his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, respond to several allegations of sexual misconduct against him.
Even though Chris Cuomo claims he kept Zucker in the loop, Zucker alleges that he was not forthcoming with all the details.
Ultimately, a lawsuit where both parties are forced to turn over all documents and records of communications could be the only way to settle this “he said, she said” dispute.
But this would mean all of CNN’s dirty laundry would be aired in public.
And if CNN believes it is at risk of significant embarrassing public exposure, Cuomo’s threat of a lawsuit could be all it takes for him to receive a settlement from the network.
Political Animal News will keep you up-to-date on any new developments in this ongoing story.