When Shepard Smith left Fox News last year, Trump supporters rejoiced.
He was perhaps their most vicious anti-Trump voice at the network.
And Smith just made his first major announcement since leaving Fox News.
After 23 years on the air, all it took was President Donald Trump being President for Shepard Smith to leave Fox News.
Trump mocked him for it, asking, “Is he leaving due to bad ratings, or some other less important reason?”
Compared to hosts like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, his ratings truly were abysmal.
And his very viewers didn’t like him, constantly mocking him for his anti-Trump takes.
So his plans after leaving the network shouldn’t be very shocking.
Smith just announced that he is going to host a one-hour evening news program for CNBC.
The new show, titled The News with Shepard Smith will begin in the fall, and will air at 7:00PM EST Monday through Friday.
“Information is coming at us from every direction,” CNBC chairman Mark Hoffman said in a statement. “If we’re not careful life-altering decisions will be made based on half-truth, rumor, misdirection or worse. We aim to deliver a nightly program that, in some small way, looks for the signal in all the noise.”
Hoffman goes on to state that Smith’s show will “serve as the perfect bridge between CNBC’s daytime investor-focused news programming and the network’s aspirational business-oriented entertainment programs in prime time.”
Smith is excited about the move, stating that he is “honored to continue to pursue the truth, both for CNBC’s loyal viewers and for those who have been following my reporting for decades in good times and in bad.”
He will certainly continue with his anti-Trump attacks on a network where the viewers will actually appreciate them, though it will be a lot less viewers than Fox News brings in.
Shortly after leaving Fox News, he spoke at the 2019 International Press Freedom Awards, where he decried the “intimidation” of journalists at the hands of Trump.
“Intimidation and vilification of the press is now a global phenomena,” Smith said before taking a veiled swipe at President Donald Trump. “We don’t have to look far for evidence of that.”
If he wants to talk about “intimidation,” he should look in the mirror at the very same Fake News Media that attacked the Covington High School kids during the March for Life, after they were harassed by racist black supremacists.
Pants on Fire News will be sure to keep you up-to-date on any developments to this ongoing story.